Sunday, May 6, 2007

Tender Mercies

As I have just completed probably the hardest 6 weeks of my personal life, I look back nearly two years to my last entry, and realize the blessings and the 'tender mercies' that I have received over the past two years. Because I have been so slack in writing, I don't have pictures for everything, but I would like to list some things that have been a blessing to our family.
I am grateful every day for our children, their wonderful spouses, and grandchildren. At the end of last year I wrote myself a note saying,
" At the end of this year,I am thankful for
Who we are and
What we have."
We truly have been blessed. I love each member of our family. I am so grateful for their lives, and for their blessing in mine.
I am grateful for our two new little grand babies-Samuel, born in December, and little Abby born in March.
I look at each of our grandchildren and are so grateful for their health, their strength in the gospel, and their love of the Lord and of their families. They are each a wonderful tender mercy in my life.
I am grateful that Roberts CT scan in April came back clean. His life is a blessing that we count as a tender mercy.
What a blessing I have had so many times in my life, to have a husband who has been such a support to me, who has stayed near me to help me, to give me strength,and who has blessed me and our family.
Most of all during these last hard weeks, I am grateful that at some of my darkest hours, when I was afraid, and when the pain was so bad in my leg, that when I called out to the Lord, I was able to feel Him there.
Thanks so much to each of you that I love for blessing my life.

2 comments:

Tarali said...

What a treasure! And what a blessing you are in all of our lives!!!!!!

I sure do love you and thank my Heavenly Father for blessing me with such a great mom!!!

Diana said...

What a great post I can feel the love you have for the Lord.