Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fountains.

I've always wanted a fountain in our yard. I finally got one - of sorts. A drinking fountain! While Steven was putting in all of the drip systems last year, he started wondering about doing a drinking fountain. We started looking around, seeing what we liked,and I suppose he was figuring it out in his head. He started collecting rocks, and then this spring he made our 'fountain'. He angled the rocks so they made the bowl, put a stone so the children could get up to drink easier, then put a stepping stone path on the side by the garden so it could be accessed on the opposite side too. We planted flowers on the end, and step-pables in the stepping stones. We call the flower area, Ethan's garden, because I patterned it after the area that Ethan planted in their garden last year. We love it! It is a beautiful addition to our yard.(Now I just have to plant a seed in Steven's head about putting in that other kind of fountain. :>)

1 comment:

Angie said...

It looks Amazing!!! I can't wait to drink from it.