Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Mother!


My mom, Nina Frances Robinson, was born today-October 22, 1917.  She is 91 earth life's old, but was only 62 when she left us.  She was a wonderful lady, a wonderful mother.  She was fun, spunky, loved to play games-and win,-loved her children and her grandchildren, the gospel, riding her horses and traveling the world.  I loved to hear her sing, to watch her as she arranged flowers, and sewed our clothes.  She was a hard worker, a good cook, a good wife and mother, and I knew she loved me.  She loved it when I became a nurse, something she had wanted to do.  She expected me to live up to the good name of Fielding that my father had given me.  She expected that I would always keep our family close, and do the things that I had been taught.  I regret that my younger children do not remember the times she loved them and held them on her lap.  I do want them to know that like me, she loved them.

5 comments:

Sunny said...

I'm so glad I saw this. Thank you! I feel so cheated that I didn't get to know her. I have never heard anything but praises to her. Can't wait to meet her someday.

Ilene said...

Elaine, my thoughts too. What a special Mom she was. Do I ever miss her! Happy Birthday Mother. Ilene

Melissa said...

What a beautiful woman who started such a wonderful family. Wish I met her here on Earth and had memories of her--but I am sure we had a wonderful time in Heaven together!

Angie said...

Like Sunny and Melissa I wish I had memories of her. Although, reading your description of her I could swear you were describing yourself. In a way I feel like I know her because I am lucky enough to have you as my mom. I love you and I love her. Happy Birthday Grandma!

Tarali said...

Beautiful post mom..... I have few but wonderful memories of her. Happy Birthday Grandma! You raised a pretty great family!